Monday 7 January 2013

North Island Here I Come



I have had a relaxing 3 weeks with Charissa in Hamilton and caught up with family and friends. It's now time to start walking again.


Tomorrow (9th January) I travel to Wellington by bus. Weather depending, on Thursday I will commence walking the North Island. Rain and gale force winds are predicted for Thursday, so I may delay the start until Friday.  While in Wellington I will be staying at The Base backpackers who are sponsoring me. A big thanks to Hester and Dana for organizing this and allowing it to happen.

Thanks to Kirsty from Bivouac Outdoors for once again giving me a generous discount on items purchased for the walk. I will be recommencing with a new pair of tramping boots as my last pair were well and truly worn out. Not only were the heels worn down but they had holes in the uppers which let sand get into the linings which then rubbed my feet.

As there are no major towns directly on the East Coast until I get to Napier it may be sometime until I can write the next post here. I will endeavor to write again, as soon as I can.




1 comment:

Icy said...

Good luck, Eric!