Friday 16 December 2011

Slight Change Of Plan

Well I said from the outset that I would be adaptable and that's what I've had to be. Got as far as Curio Bay and my back was giving heaps of pain and difficult to get in and out of tent and even sleep. So on Thursday I hitch hiked into Dunedin to see an Osteopath. Took 4 rides to get here, about 180km. First two rides were the same person as he dropped me off then picked me up again half an hour later! Next ride was in a fertiliser truck which caused me some pain getting me and my pack into the cab, final ride was from a lovely Israeli couple Shasha & Ziggy who crammed me into their already very full car and dropped me right in the centre of Dunedin.

Saw an Osteopath yesterday morning, Andrew Aitken from Osteopath Works who knocked a third off the bill as a contribution towards my walk! Back is slightly better but these things always take time. I have a history of back problems so this is nothing new and hopefully only a temporary set back! Will see Andrew again next week if necessary. I will now be in Dunedin for 3 weeks until 8th January as Charissa is coming down for two weeks over Xmas and New Year. All being well I will hitch back to Curio Bay on 8th January and recommence the walk from where I left off.

In the mean time I will enjoy the delights of Dunedin and probably wont place another post until after New Year.

I wish all my friends and supports a Merry Xmas and a Happy and safe New Year.

5 comments:

Icy said...

You need one of those beds made with nails, it will get all your pressure points, be a pain in the back to roll up and carry around with you though! Ooops, sorry about that.

Nicole said...

Well, I hope it wasn't all that gardening that brought it on.You take care Eric have a great Christmas and New Years, Nicole, Shawn and Tobi

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the bad back problems. Hope it comes right quickly?
Apart from that, try and enjoy your Christmas and New Year.
Thinking of you
Chris & Bev

Dee said...

Hi Eric, what adventures you are having. Hope your back sorts itself out very soon. Happy New Year to you.
Regards
Dee

Anonymous said...

Hi there Eric and happy New Year

Brian and I are throughly enjoying reading about your adventures. You have certainly had some trials and tribulations but it sounds as though you have met some great people.Sure as hell beats sitting in an office!
Enjoy
Hils