Wednesday 11 September 2013

On The Road (Beach) Again


63rd Birthday 


Over the past few months I have been back in Hamilton with Charissa for the winter to allow my foot to fully recover. However, I have not been idle. During the week, I have been doing casual work for Tradestaff and on weekends, selling at street markets, fairs and swapmeets. The work for Tradestaff was varied: landscaping, painting, stock taking, stacking pallets, store man, plant nursery and construction work. The shortest period of work was half a day and the longest 6 weeks.

Thanks to Rebecca Lee of Jade Acupuncture in Hamilton, my foot quickly recovered and I have had no pain for some months. Rebecca advised me to rest the foot for 3 months and since then I have been waiting for the weather to improve.

On Saturday, I travel to Napier and on Sunday 15th of September, I restart walking from where I left off which is about 30km north of Napier.This time I have not done any training in preparation but I plan to take it easy for the first few days and gradually increase the amount of time walking each day, using that as my training.

On my last day of walking earlier this year, I could not get around a headland as the sea was too deep at that point to wade around and the cliff too steep to climb. I have permission from the farmer to walk across his land so my first 6km will be up a farm track.

My next post will likely be from Wairoa in about 10 days time.








1 comment:

Icy said...

Good luck, Eric! I do hope you finish this walk....