Friday 8 March 2013

Needles & Pins

My left foot - with acupuncture needles

My left knee


I returned to Hamilton 5 weeks ago with a sore foot. Initially I just rested it, in the hope it would get better on its own. While it was a little better after two weeks, I accepted the offer of acupuncture from Dr Rebecca Lee of Jade Acupuncture in Hamilton. I am pleased to report that after 12 sessions, it is now fully recovered.

Rebecca is a skilled Acupuncturist, which she has taught in her native Taiwan. I was initially a little nervous about letting someone stick needles in me but she has studied and learnt how to keep the pain levels low. The remarkable thing was that I had noticeable improvements in my foot after each treatment. If you are in Hamilton NZ and in pain, give Rebecca a call at Jade Acupuncture (07 838 0171).

On Monday I am booked on the bus to Napier where I will spend the night with friends Bev & Chris and on Tuesday return to Porangahau and resume walking on Wednesday.

Over the past 5 weeks I have I have been resting and eating and have put on any weight I had lost walking from Wellington and am eager to resume walking.

Since starting my walk in November 2011 I have walked a total of 2106 km, 371 of that in the North Island. All going to plan I should be able to place another report in about 10 days and add another 120 km to the tally.

While we are on the subject of statistics, there has now been over 10,000 views of this blog. Incredible! Currently averaging about 50 views a day. Amazing!


3 comments:

Icy said...

The photos are looking good. Take care with pretending you are a goat and you can jump any rock!

Mac said...

love to see you take Johnnie Walkers advice so seriously!
keep walking my good friend! Even the longest trip starts with the first step, or the 2000kms for that matter!

From hectichugeandnoisycityinArgentina, un abrazo grande! (and good on ya for the new place name! haha, I´m sure if you talk to someone in tourism you can get a sign put up, and 1000 campervans per day will visit the spot and photograph it from every possible angle, once you publish it in Lonely planet or smth!

Anonymous said...

If some one needs to be updated with most up-to-date
technologies after that he must be pay a quick visit this site and be up to date all the time.


My web site - http://deittivideoita.deittisivusto.fi/first-date-tips-for-men-and-women-tell-me-how-you-really-feel-with-laura-francese-episode-2/