Thursday 22 September 2011

All Systems Are Go

The tickets are booked. Our house went unconditional yesterday so I've booked my flights to Invercargill.
Thanks to Fly Buys and Airpoints I didn't need to spend any actual money for the flights!

We move out of our home on Friday 4th November and I fly to Invercargill on Monday 7th November, next step is to book the ferry to Stewart Island  for the start of a 3 day tramp. Will then cross back to Bluff and the real start of the walk.

My last day at work tomorrow Friday 23rd September, who knows when my next paid employment will be.

I am in Tauaranga all this weekend at a Postcard Fair and then tramping in the Urewera's with a work, or by then an ex, work colleague from Monday to Thursday. One of my friends asked me why I was getting helicoptered into a remote part of the Urawera's to go tramping. When I told him that you can do that sort of thing when you are retired, his response was instance, "fuck off!"

No comments: